Thursday, February 7, 2013

Weekly Utattemita Pick-up #12

It's been a long time since the last update, I can't even label this post "weekly" anymore *laugh*


Misemono Life by Viviennne





The first song is Misemono Life by Vivienne. I personally like this rockish song because of the mood formed. I think this song sounds best in chacha or orchestral style.



Hitorinbo Envy by Au





This is personally my favourite version of Hitorinbo Envy. Some people may disagree (especially because Himawari also covers this song), but I think the mood of the song is better portrayed with this kind of voice. And the thing about Au's version is that her reff and bridge has a "kick" to it. Compared to Ayaponzu's, which also has the same kind of voice, but different style of singing.

Although it sounds catchy, this song is full of repetition (like most of MikitoP's songs), and thus can be quite boring if you listen to it again and again. Although Himawari has a beautiful voice, my personal opinion is that her style of singing doesn't suit this kind of song (which is why I think her Shinzou Democracy and her Sarishinohara is not very good, because of the type of songs). Himawari's voice type is too soft.

By the way, for a refresh, why don't you listen to English version of Hitorinbo Envy by rachie? I've been watching Rachie for quite some time now, and I generally like her english covers.



Kokuhaku Yokou Renshuu (Confession Practice) by Kusarina





My favourite version of Kokuhaku Yokou Renshuu! The opening is very good, no? Her voice fits perfectly with the mood of the song. I've never listened to Kusarina before so I gave her songs a try, but her singing style is not very volatile. It's just that she managed to hit it off with this song! Unfortunately in the middle, her voice is a bit muffled by the instrumental (this should be the mixer's fault).

Although I am very biased towards Nayugorou, I still think Kusarina's is better than her version of this song.



Noushou Sakuretsu Girl by Viviennne &Kakichoco





This is the "love it or hate it" kind of song. For some people it may be too noisy and too little melody present in the song. But personally, I really like the "YAH!"(right) "YAH!" (left) part. It really uplifts the mood and just make you want to stand up and say "YAH!!", sit, and stand up again "YAH!". Oh well....
I also like the serifu in the middle, especially Kakichoco's "Eeh?! Uso deshou?"



So I think that's all for this week. I actually also recommend Vivienne's Setagaya Night Safari. I find the guitar in this song really nice. Ciao! See you next week (I hope).


No comments:

Post a Comment