Thursday, May 8, 2014

Problem #1

Following the "Getting Started" to install Phaser, I find some problems, especially when installing the local server.

I used WAMPServer to make a local server, but when you do that, you have to make sure that you don't have Apache or MySQL (not sure about this) installed already. In my case, apparently I installed Apache 2.2 some time ago, and WAMPServer installed Apache 2.4 for me, and both of them collided. After uninstalling all Apache and installing WAMPServer again, everything works just like in the Getting Started tutorial.

If you use WAMPServer, make sure that your tray icon turns green. Green means everything started nicely. If it's orange or red in colour, that means there's a problem.

To download the repository of Phaser, I use SmartGIT. It's quite easy to do.
In the website, copy the link for the clone (it's basically the same link, just add .git at the end):


In SmartGIT, just choose Project -> Clone (or just press Ctrl + Alt + O)
Copy the link in the box for "Repository Link", click next, and when they ask you to specify the path, it's basically the place where you want to copy the whole repository.

If you don't have any problem, you should be able to go through Part 6 of Getting Started without a hitch.

In my case, since my server couldn't work, although when I go to localhost they tell me "It works!" but when I go to directory under localhost, eg "localhost/test" (after I created a folder called "test" in the webroot), they show me 404 not found.

It took me good two hours just to find out what the problem was u_u

No comments:

Post a Comment